question about technical terms and translations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 6 19:57:50 PST 2017

One of the downsides of using GitHub is that a lot of discussions tends to
happen on the pull requests and only those that subscribe to those
notifications see those...

E.g., on https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/235 there
is a question about the universal understanding of MOD, END, divelog,
divespot, setpoint...

Should those be translated at all?

My experience leads me to believe that they SHOULD be translated because
there seem to be a lot of divers who aren't familiar with the English
terms and English abbreviations.

What do people here on the list who aren't diving in an English speaking
context think about that statement?

Thanks