map-widget: new suggestions for editing markers

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Nov 1 22:40:12 PDT 2017

>From phone.
Issue 1:
This is the most difficult one. I support showing the map focused on the
last recorded dive site but zoomed out to the "regional" level. For me in
south Africa I would amost like to see the southern half of the continent
for a large probability of having  the new dive site within scope. Also,
having the new and movable flag at the last dive site may be confusing.
There is a case to be made for centering the new flag within the scope of
the map. But maybe that would partly recreate the existing problem of
having to zoom in a lot before placing the flag. However that would still
be my personal preference.

Issue 2:
I support the proposal.
Kind regards, Willem