AppImages and continuous integration (Guillaume Gardet)

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Mon Nov 6 03:55:29 PST 2017

> > Only once there was a problem with connecting to the cloud, but the other
> > three times I started the appimage it connected to cloud without problems.
>
> What were the symptoms when you couldn't connect to the cloud? Did it just
> time out or did you get an error? Could you test connecting to Facebook? It
> would be enough to just open the Share on->Connect to->Facebook screen...
> If you get the Facebook login that means that you have a working OpenSSL
> stack.

It was a time-out. Possibly due to network problems here... old/slow DSL
connection...
After that first try, every subsequent start of the appimage connected
successfully to cloud. I started the appimage now again another 6 times, all
connected without problems....
So not really an issue to worry about.

Another issue that was reported by Berthold: Printing
I can confirm that on opensuse tumbleweed, the same issue exists: I can print
to PDF but not to a real printer. Console shows lots of "QPainter" messages
e.g.:
> QPainter::pen: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::drawRects: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
> QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
> QPainter::pen: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::save: Painter not active
> QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
> QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
> QPainter::save: Painter not active
> QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
> QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
> QPainter::save: Painter not active
> QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
> QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
> QPainter::pen: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::drawGlyphRun: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::pen: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::drawGlyphRun: Painter not active
> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> QPainter::pen: Painter not active

(There are many more, but seem similar)

 I guess if the same issue arises on Ubuntu nad Opensuse, there must be some
problem inside the appimage....