Scubapro Aladin Square

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Nov 8 13:16:39 PST 2017

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM, vavincavent <vavincavent at gmail.com> wrote:

>: USB HID v1.00 Device [Uwatec AG Square] on usb-0000:00:14.0-1/input0

Ok, so this is one of the "native USB" devices, not one of the "serial
device, using a USB-to-serial cable" devices.

That means that you need to use the actual native USB access.

We don't have any way to set the USB device ID's, but it is *possible*
that it works the same way the Scubapro G2 does (which also shows up
as a USB HID device).

If you can build your own subsurface, you could try this:

-               status = dc_usbhid_custom_io(context, 0x2e6c, 0x3201);
+               status = dc_usbhid_custom_io(context, 0xc251, 0x2006);

in libdifvecomputer's src/scubapro_g2.c and then say "download from
Scubapro G2".

It would be good to have some way to let people test USB ID's like
this without having to build things specifically for it, but I can't
think of a sane way.

           Linus