latest AppImage - getting closer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Nov 11 07:43:54 PST 2017

On 11/11/2017 09:11, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> With this I get
> - correct version number (again): turns out the problem is that Travis
> by default does a
>   shallow clone of only 50 commits which broke our "git describe"

Version number ok: 4.7.2-77-gdb64ec

> - working BT (somewhat limited testing, but it did connect to a
> Shearwater Perdix AI for me)

Unfortunately I do not have a BT DC at hand
> - working cloud storage

Works perfectly

> What I haven't tested:
> - printing directly to printer (printing to PDF works)

Prints to PDF but when directed to print to printer, does not produce
output to printer. I print from other applications, so its unlikely an
OS or CUPS problem.

> What still doesn't work:
> - logging in to Facebook - based on the symptoms we are not getting a
> working redirect

Same problem as others. When I specify a user-ID & pw, the pw text box
is cleared and no login occurs.

> With that in mind... PLEASE TEST. Please find what else is broken in
> this AppImage...
>

> Thanks
>
> /D
Kind regards,