Replace repetitive code in SettingsObjectWrapper.cpp by functions?

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 18 11:17:40 PST 2017

On Samstag, 18. November 2017 19:21:34 CET Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 18 November 2017 at 20:19, Berthold Stoeger
>
> <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> >
> > <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> >> <snip>

> >> i agree that things like system_default_...() calls should return a
> >> "const char *".
> >>
> >> const char *language;
> >> const char *lang_locale;
> >>
> >> ^ also make sense to me to be "const".
> >
> > I see your point. But shouldn't then the numerous other non-const strings
> > in pref.h also be made const?
>
> probably, yes.

OK, prepared such a PR.

Thereby I noted two things:

1) In getCloudURL() in core/qthelper.cpp, the cloud_storate_email_encoded
member is set, but it seems not to be written to disk.

2) In uploadFinished() in core/cloudstorage.cpp, the cloud_storage_password
member is set, but it likewise seems not to be written to disk.

Are there some slot/signal subtleties that I'm missing or are these genuine
bugs?

Berthold