User manual: mobile credentials

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 9 05:39:02 PDT 2017

Willem,

On 09-10-17 14:24, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I am editing the text of the mobile user manual. If I understand it
> correctly, one can now independently create a cloud account using the
> mobile app and without involvement of the desktop program. In the case
> of the desktop, a pin is emailed to the user which allows completion of
> the cloud access. However on the mobile app I do not see this feature.
> Please explain?

I assume you have the latest mobile beta version installed ... the
process is as follows:
- from a fresh install (or after hitting the change button from the
Settings).
- the 1st credential page is shown with 2 fields (email address and
passwd). After this is filled in, hit "sign-in or register". If it is a
new account (so the register is the thing you are doing), the page
changes into the 2nd credentials page, with only a PIN code field. In
the meantime, you will receive the PIN code in the entered email address.
- fill in the PIN, and you are done registering.

This all said. It is easy to try all this. Just create a new cloud
account and you see it happening.

--jan