4.7 - a few questions and requests

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Oct 15 03:32:16 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 10:00:34PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> From phone. I do not think  I own the user manual, but I have until next
> Saturday (21st) to look at the user manual. But having neither an Apimage
> nor a stable Ubuntu master complicates things. Will F22 still run the
> latest version ? Kind regards, Willem

The way I use the term "own" a part of Subsurface is in the sense of
maintainership. Robert "owns" the planner. Linus "owns" a good chunk of
the core code including, for example, the gas handling. Tomaz "owns" the
Qt UI.

None of that means that no one else does (or should) work on it - it's
that I look to that person as the one to coordinate and push a certain
part of what we do.

And as you know, I tend to look to you for the user manual :-)

Latest master builds fine on a reasonably recent Ubuntu. See the
discussion in the other thread. I'm pretty sure that 16.04 will work.
17.04 definitely does.

The big problem is packaging for Launchpad.

Fedora 22, unfortunately, is long gone as supported platform. But F26
should be perfect as that even has a packaged version that you could just
install.

Thanks

/D