thinking about 4.7

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Fri Sep 22 08:04:29 PDT 2017

> Right now I'm building Windows (that gets a decent amount of testing it
> seems), Mac (not as much), Ubuntu (very little), openSUSE/Fedora (any?).

I am using subsurfacedaily on Opensuse Tumbleweed, installed from the OBS,
updated to 4.6.4.839-1.1 today.

> If you are regularly / occasionally testing any of these builds, could you
> respond here, please?

Using it only occasionally as I don't have as much time for diving as I would
like to have.  But current version 4.6.4.839-1.1 runs fine, loads data from
cloud storage. Map also works as it should (I have good internet connection
here). Nice feature to "select visible dive sites"!

Can't test BT nor BTLE download as I am using old Suunto Vyper2 DC.
Planner for simple non-tech dives (using both recreational mode as well as
Buehlmann and VPM modes)  works also fine. VPM is a bit slow on my notebook,
but for my simple needs (how long can I stay down there and search for
Bruce?), the planner is  definitely great as it is.

So in summary, the version 4.6.4.839-1.1 installed from OBS shows no problems
on a quick test on opensuse tumbleweed. At least for a non-poweruser like me.
Anything more specific I could test?

Re mobile app: Again, can't test BT nor BTLE.  Download via FTDI and USB-OTG
on the mobile app worked fine on my Galaxy S5 with LineageOS when I relaxed
SELinux permissions. I tested this in August on my last dive trip. It was a
bit annoying that android reset the SELinux rules to strict at reboot, but I
guess you can't blame subsurface for that....

Thanks for the great software,

Dietrich