thinking about 4.7

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 25 21:22:20 PDT 2017

> On Sep 25, 2017, at 7:35 PM, Federico Masias <fede at masias.net> wrote:
>
> I should be able to start testing more regularly again.

Excellent. We need more active testing!

> Currently running macOS 10.11.6, and have an iPhone -- but no BT or BLE computers at the moment.

There aren't a lot, yet. But many of the new ones coming out appear to support BLE these days.

> The latest macOS build (4.64.839) had the printing problem with grantlee that was an issue a while back. The FAQ solution worked with a minor syntax change:
> ~/Library/Application Support/Subsurface/printing_templates/ should be ~/Library/Application\ Support/Subsurface/printing_templates/  -- I can do a PR for this in Github if you want (assuming that's still the way that the website is being maintained?)

Yes it is. Please do.

> Facebook upload mostly works, but Subsurface asks for an album name to place the photo into an album... but Facebook simply posts it to an album called "Subsurface Photos" -- no mention of the user defined album anywhere. I'd also caution against using the verbiage of "profile picture" in the instructions when referring to the dive profile graph, as that phrase means something else completely to Facebook users.

Both great points. Can you fix this in the code? Otherwise, please raise an issue on Github.
These are both easy to address

> I'm loving the new maps -- much more responsive and useful.

I love that, too. Lubomir is to thank for that!

> Any other new features that are pressing to be tested on macOS?

In so many ways "everything". Often we break things un-knowingly. So filters, and sorting, and editing, and random things.

Thank you!