more help needed: Android + FTDI, Cobalt, Suunot EON Steel/Core, Scubapro G2/Aladin Square

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:55:42 PDT 2018

> Here's what I'd like people to try - even if you only have an Android
> device that currently doesn't allow us to download via USB OTG! We won't
> try to download, we just want to see if the automation for picking the
> right vendor / product / connection is working as intended...
>
> Auto launched Subsurface mobile with both the Cobalt 2 and Suunto D4i.  If
Subsurface was not already running it did not switch to the download page
automatically.  If Subsurface was open or running in the background it did
automatically pull up the download page and fill in details.  Cobalt 2 was
completely ready to go.  Suunto only had the manufacturer selected
(probably all we can hope for based on the cable implementation.)

Very cool!

i750TC did not ask about which app to use when I plugged it in.  Info sent
on the other thread.

> PS: and now, of course, I hope I didn't mess up something stupid, everyong
> tries and nothing works at all...

Looks at least basically sane.