experimenting with milestones at github

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:26:49 PDT 2018

On 6 July 2018 at 15:57, Jan Iversen <jani at apache.org> wrote:
> Normal “deadly” people cannot set milestones, I just created #1468 and wanted to add the 4.8 milestone.
>
> I understand that creating new labels and milestones should be restricted, but is it really a good idea that only “goods” can assign them ?
>
> I suppose from my choice of words, my opinion is clear :-)

yep only collaborators can do that for now. eventually we can extend
that with bot functionality.
if you have a proposed item just mention Dirk, as i think ultimately
he should decide what applies for the next release.

milestones are like the "release blocker" label, except they are less strict.
if something is a "release blocker" it has to be fixed 100% for a
release, while a certain PR can be moved outside of the milestone.
at least that's how i see it - just a proposal.

lubomir