Load images via media

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jul 14 09:47:43 PDT 2018

Hi Willem,

On Saturday, 14 July 2018 18:27:47 CEST Willem Ferguson wrote:
> My external storage containing my photos has always been mapped via the
> /media directory. Having installed Ubuntu 18.04, I am trying to do the
> mappings so that my photo collection is still accessible through
> Subsurface 4.8.0. However, Subsurface does not see anything within the
> /media directory. At the OS level, I have a .jpg image, a dummy folder
> containing a .jpg image, my external drive, as well as a symbolic link
> to a folder with .jpg images, all of these within the /media directory.
> Yet, when I select "Add image from file" when right-clicking a dive in
> the dive list, I can find the /media directory, but I see no items
> inside the /media directory. Is this finger trouble or a bug?

Just so that we're on the same page:
- You're right-clicking on a dive and select "Load image(s) from file(s)".
- A file requester shows, but it doesn't list .jpg files.
Correct?

Strangely, this works for me on Kubuntu 18.04 on current master.

At the bottom of the file requester there's a "Filter" field, which you can
clear by pressing the "x" to the right. Then it should show all files. Does
that change anything (perhaps we somehow got the filter-list wrong)?

Berthold