transifix and acknowledgement

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jul 15 09:26:37 PDT 2018

> On Jul 15, 2018, at 7:00 AM, Jan Iversen <jancasacondor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I just wondered why we do not acknowledge the translators when merging po files into git ?
>
> the po contains the last author pr entry as pr:
> https://docs.transifex.com/formats/gettext <https://docs.transifex.com/formats/gettext>

We don't use .po files, we use .ts files, and those don't include translator information.
Also, the way .po files include it, last time I checked (back in the Subsurface 3 days when we were Gtk based) only the LAST translator was listed which meant for most languages where we have more than one translator this wouldn't really make any sense, either.

If you would like explicit credit for your translations I can certainly provide that.