website translation experiments

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jul 16 13:15:19 PDT 2018

Thanks, I misunderstood what was supposed to be changed.

This was correctly transferred from Transifex to my intermediate format.
From there it went correctly into GitHub: https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/Subsurface-website/blob/master/_pages/about.nl#L93
And the upload from there to WordPress showed no error. Yet it didn't get updated. That's even more frustrating as that makes it harder for me to know when to retry...

So I made a whitespace change and pushed it again.
This time I got a "could not update post in the database" error.

And digging through the logs it turns out that it is indeed the encoding of the "één" that's the problem. Wordpress rejects what I am sending to it. So now I need to figure out how to work around that...

THANKS for the eagle eyes and for making sure I catch this. That would have been rather embarrassing.

/D