website translation experiments

Peter Zaal peter.zaal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:35:26 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:18 PM Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit late to the party and i'm having some difficulties to
>> understand how to proceed.
>> I've reviewed and modified most of the Italian strings in the about
>> file of the subsurface project.
>>
>> Should I continue with the "announcing-subsurface-4-8" and
>> "announcing-subsurface-4-8-1" files?
>>

> Currently these are the ones we are testing the translation with.
>

>> I see that there is another project website but it seems I cannot
>> partecipate. I'm part of the team but I cannot request Italian
>> language and other problems... so before I proceed better aim at the
>> right target :)
>>

> If I have understood correctly, Dirk attempted to create another project
> for the web site, but failed to add resources there. So that is why we are
> currently prototyping within the Subsurface project.

Yesterday at some point that seemed to work, because there was actually a
resource under de website project (also announcing-subsurface-4-8-1).
I already started translating some strings in that resource, but noticed
that the resource was gone this morning, and two new announcing resources
where added under subsurface project.