Product / vendor on mobile download

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 20 12:16:05 PDT 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for testing. I wasn't all that optimistic, but based on Anton's post it seemed possible that it was as simple as this.

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 11:07 PM, Thomas Fänge <thomas.fange at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No success, it just behaves as before, same log as before, but the reference to "localBtDevice isn't valid or not connect" I don't recognize from before. I still think that the log at 27.556:"Unsupported operation" should tell us something.
>
> "27.553: DCDownloadThread started for Mares Puck Pro on FTDI"
> Starting download from ftdi
> Starting the thread 0
> Finishing the thread Unable to open %s %s (%s) dives downloaded 0

I need to fix that debug message. Grmbl.
So we still fail to open the FTDI device - but at least we are trying to open the right thing.

> "27.556: Unsupported operation"
> no new dives downloaded
> "27.557: DCDownloadThread finished"
> localBtDevice isn't valid or not connecta
>
> Same on all devices I tested on.
>
> I also noticed that I had to disable Bluetooth for FTDI to appear as a valid option for connection.

That's strange, can you say more? I see FTDI here on my devices with BT enabled.

> Nor can I test with version 4.7.4.280 that other claims should work, since Mares DC is not enabled in that version. 😕

Worst case I can go back and hack that, I guess...

> And yes, I have new dives on the DC... 😉

The error "unable to open" made it clear that this is not just a "no new dives" issue, but thanks for explicitly stating that.

> ---------- libdivecomputer.log ----------
> Subsurface: v4.7.8-287-g76f61468e690, built with libdivecomputer v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-NG (e97a47cca55973199715df0f818b4955e60d3a31)
> INFO: Open: name=ftdi
> ERROR: No such file or directory (2) [in /data/android/subsurface/libdivecomputer/src/serial_posix.c:295 (dc_serial_open)]

This sounds like the ftdi code isn't triggered. Maybe that's what is actually broken - when we did the NG merge of libdivecomputer...

Linus, could that be the actual culprit?