Missing pO2 samples from CCR download [was: 4.7.8: a couple of questions]

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:58:58 PDT 2018

On Thu, 3 May 2018 at 13:15, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On 03 May, 2018 - Davide DB wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 May 2018 at 11:04, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> >

> > > Try to download them into a fresh logbook with the current desktop
> > > version, to see what's happens then.
> > >

> > I've just downloaded my dives on a fresh Win10 4.7.8 installation.
> > As usual after few dives my Petrel quits with "error sending packet
> error".
> > I saved some of them anyway and PO2 values are missing.
> > This is how the petrel controller is recognized. File is attached.
> >
> > <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> > diveid='2e7067fb' dctype='CCR'>
> >
> > There's no mention of O2 sensor.
> >
> > These are all different pertel descriptions of the very same dive
> computer
> > I found in my original logbook
> >
> > <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> > diveid='3db7eb77' dctype='CCR' no_o2sensors='1'>
> > <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> > diveid='52d4ba3e' dctype='CCR' no_o2sensors='3'>
> > <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> > diveid='a6e05a10' dctype='CCR'>
> > <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> > diveid='3db24900' dctype='CCR'>
> >
> > Were pO2 samples download removed?
>
> This is probably because we can't find any calibration values in your
> computer. Did you get a warning:
> "Disabled all O2 sensors due to a default calibration value." ?
>
> I think the code should fall back to the sensor average po2 when we
> won't get calibration values for the sensors, but we're not doing that
> right now.

Anton,

I'm not crazy enough to dive a rebreather without a proper calibration.
Everything is ok on my unit. Cells are new and get calibrated before every
dive.

I tried to download again from Shearwater desktop and everything is there:
pO2 and mV samples. I've never updated my Petrel since we found that
Subsurface pO2 values were completely wrong so I guess it should be some
bug arose lately.
It's sad nobody else (ccr users) replied to my feedback request when I
noted the pO2 discrepancy. I cannot believe I'm the only one on this list
using a ccr unit whit a divecan shearwater controller.
 When I realized pO2 were missing I thought it was something related to the
mobile download but it's not.

I would do a full Subsurface download but I drained another battery but I
do not have a new one around ATM.

[image: profile.png]

--
Davide