recent build; symbol lookup error in libqtgeoservices_googlemaps.so

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 12:58:54 PDT 2018

On 11 May 2018 at 22:28, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
<cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2018, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> On 11 May 2018 at 17:30, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > We don't use cmake rules to trigger re-builds of dependencies.
>> > The idea is that "unless you know what you are doing, please
>> > start from a clean build using the build script".
>>
>> i think the script to download the private headers for QtLocation
>> doesn't handle sudden Qt version changes in regard to the already
>> present objects code in the build folder.
>> that aside, it's possible to get other build problems after bumping Qt
>> so the clean build is really the way to go.
>
> Please, tell me what a "clean build" is.
> If anything fails, "wipe out the build dir"?  Which one?  There's at
> least:
>
>         ./googlemaps/
>         ./install-root/
>         ./subsurface/build/
>
> seen from the:
>
>         ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
>
> perspective.  Is that it?  Are there more or less?
> Is that documented and I just missed it?

so for a Qt bump, removing everything that is built using Qt might be
the thing to do.
that would mean:
./googlemaps/
./subsurface/build/

and possibly certain things in ./install-root/.

i don't remember if we had a "clean" script for that or if it's documented.
possibly not.

lubomir