recent build; symbol lookup error in libqtgeoservices_googlemaps.so

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sat May 12 09:36:00 PDT 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On May 11, 2018, at 5:07 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > CMake probably struggles with the detection of such changes.
> > safest bet is to clean the build dir manually.
>
> We don't use cmake rules to trigger re-builds of dependencies.

FWIW, there may be ways to do that.  Looking at what's going on in
scripts/build.sh:

1. keep the clone:

	git clone --branch v$QT_VERSION git://code.qt.io/qt/qtlocation.git --depth=1 ./qtlocation_git

   between builds, instead of wiping it out

2. detect the current QT_VERSION with:

	$ qmake -query QT_VERSION

3. compare it with what `git describe' returns in latest clone, to
   detect changes and trigger rebuild of relevant parts

> The idea is that "unless you know what you are doing, please
> start from a clean build using the build script".

That's an unattractive idea to me.

Cheers,

--
Cristian