subsurface builds, but dumps core at startup :(
Lubomir I. Ivanov
neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:01:04 PDT 2018
On 11 September 2018 at 22:30, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good night Cristian
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 08:23:13AM -1000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 8:15 AM Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
>> <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
>> > > I had a similar unexplained SIGSEGV that went away when building the
>> > > whole tree from scratch.
>> > I did so too (I think). Still no joy :(
>> Note that for me, it was subsurface itself that had the issue, not
>> just the googlemaps plugin.
>> But it was literally a "I can't make sense of that SIGSEGV", so I just
>> nuked absolutely everything, so I'm not entirely sure what went wrong.
> I've been having same issue (in debian/unstable) for a while now, and, as Linus
> points out subsurface's build dir needs to be removed. I also remove the
> googlemaps dir and then run build.sh
> In my case, the binary in subsurface/build still SIGSEVs but the one
> installed in install-root/bin (or system wide /usr/local/bin) runs
> without map, throwing an error:
> MapWidget.qml: cannot find a plugin named: googlemaps
> qrc:/qml/MapWidget.qml:24: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to QDeclarativeGeoMapType*
> but at least runs.
> I've also tried 4.8.1 AppImage, but it's also failing:
> Auto configuration failed
> 140221893212608:error:25066067:DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library:dso_dlfcn.c:185:filename(libssl_conf.so): libssl_conf.so: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio
> 140221893212608:error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library:dso_lib.c:244:
> 140221893212608:error:0E07506E:configuration file routines:MODULE_LOAD_DSO:error loading dso:conf_mod.c:285:module=ssl_conf, path=ssl_conf
> 140221893212608:error:0E076071:configuration file routines:MODULE_RUN:unknown module name:conf_mod.c:222:module=ssl_conf
> QMutex: destroying locked mutex
> Violación de segmento
this seems to me like a separate issue.
the libssl_conf.so library cannot be found in the AppImage.
More information about the subsurface