Silly problem with dive sites and GPS downloading

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Sep 23 10:51:41 PDT 2018

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 11:33 PM Berthold Stoeger
<bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> This is actually on my TODO-list, notably when making import-dives undo-able.
> Just like on undo/redo of add-dives we have to remove/add implicitly generated
> dive-trips, on undo/redo of import-dives we'll have to remove/add new dive-
> sites.

Yes, makes sense.

> I don't see the UI part as a problem. Doing away with the "uniq-id" of dives
> on desktop was quite easy and I think the same is true for dive-site uuids.

Very good. I think you're a lot more comfortable with the C++ UI code,
so if you think it's not a big deal, then that's great.

> Not sure you want to wait that long, though.

Right now this is a *tiny* issue, so it's absolutely not critical.
It's more of a small annoyance than anything else.

So if you're planning on addressing it at some point, then I wouldn't
worry about the wait.

             Linus