[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 29 15:26:46 PDT 2018

> On Sep 29, 2018, at 3:23 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
>> The third one (Suunto EON Steel) I couldn't figure out how to even
>> pair with Windows 10...
>
> Yes, the EON Steel and Core are hard to pair to begin with. It's black
> magic under Linux too, you need to do special things with bluetoothctl
> to just _see_ it when scanning, and even then you need to actually
> enable device privacy for the pairing to work.
>
> Suunto very clearly didn't want people to pair with the EON Steel/Core
> manually, and they don't support BLE at all on their desktop
> application. You're supposed to use the USB cable for downloads on the
> desktop. It seems entirely intentional.

And frankly... I don't really care if we don't support those two with BLE
under Windows because they DO come with the USB cable and that is
SO MUCH faster anyway. It works under iOS and Android as BLE device
and that's what really matters. Anybody on Windows can just use USB.

But I do care about the Perdix AI and the Teric, because BLE is the only
way to download from them...