[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 18:28:35 PDT 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 01:14, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 29, 2018, at 3:07 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Interestingly enough, the two BLE dive computers I tried with are
> >> both Shearwaters who AFAIK require random addresses. I don't
> >> see, however, how that would cause the error pairing.
> >>
> >> The third one (Suunto EON Steel) I couldn't figure out how to even
> >> pair with Windows 10...
> >>
> >> Still trying to figure out how to get the logging to work...
> >>

> > Dirk notice that Steve is being able to discover the device, but then
> > fails to connect:
> > (screenshot).
> >
> > from what i've understood on your end it fails finding the device in
> > the list of BT(LE) devices nearby, so it fails in an earlier step?
> >

> But Steve has a Petrel 2, right? And AFAIK the Petrel 2 will ALWAYS
> switch to BT Classic if the computer supports that. So even though it
> includes a BLE radio, that only seems to actually work when you connect
> BLE only. And reading the sources I don't think that's what we do. We
> seem to scan both at the same time.
>
> Actually, this is a part of the sources that REALLY puzzles me...
>
>     threadLE = new QThread;
>     threadWorkerLE = new ThreadWorkerDeviceDiscovery;
>     threadWorkerLE->moveToThread(threadLE);
>
>     <snip>

Dirk, Steve and et al.

could you please download the following zip when you have a minute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dem58v91bk6qcjj/qt-bt-discovery.zip?dl=0

this is a minimal Qt application that includes BT device discovery.

1) it will first ask you to press enter to start
make sure the BTLE devices are turned on / have battery.
2) it might take a while...
3) then it should dump a list of found devices each having a name and a #
configuration legend (QFlags...):
  - 0x0 -> unknown type
  - 0x1 -> BTLE
  - 0x2 -> BT classic
  - 0x3 -> BT smart (can be either BT or BTLE)
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qbluetoothdeviceinfo.html#CoreConfiguration-enum
4) in the console pick a # (e.g. 2) and press enter
5) it would then try to connect to the device.
if it succeeds it should print out "ConnectedState", if it fails it
should print something else.

please try your BTLE DCs and report the results.

this is a mandatory step if we want to continue with our improvements
and it will narrow our guessing game.

thanks.
lubomir