[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 29 18:40:13 PDT 2018

> On Sep 29, 2018, at 3:58 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> oh, our discovery seems to happen in the front end.
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/desktop-widgets/btdeviceselectiondialog.cpp
>
> with the custom WinBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent
> i remembered now.
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/desktop-widgets/btdeviceselectiondialog.cpp#L605

Correct. And that's where we hard code the PowerOff error, btw.

I have now added a new version that prints the actual error...

WSALookupServiceBegin results in "No such service is known. The service cannot be found in the specified name space"
Which is the error string for WSASERVICE_NOT_FOUND
"This error is returned for a bluetooth service discovery request if no remote bluetooth devices were found."

And that makes sense because no BT devices were on. But what about my BLE devices??? I have tons of them.

But I think this is pointing me in the right direction. Next step: improve our error and debug messages :-)