road to 4.9

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 24 23:56:16 PDT 2019

> On Jun 18, 2019, at 11:20 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> What we need are translations, documentation, and testing. A lot of testing.

We are starting to see more testing. THANK YOU for that.
I pushed the latest strings and we see the first translations coming in - also, THANK YOU.

The reproducible problems around the undo code have been fixed (thanks Berthold - and actually some real code from me after this rather long break...), I'm sure there are more little bugs hidden that we just haven't stumbled across, yet.

I locally tagged a random version as v4.8.9 in order to deal with the logic that the Linux distros use to prevent older versions to be pushed - other than that there is no reason for that tag and I think no reason to push this tag - I just mention it here in case people notice 4.8.9 based versions showing up on Launchpad and OBS. Obviously, I'd appreciate some testing of those binaries as well as the releases that we automatically generate on GitHub (Windows, Mac, and Linux AppImage).

Thanks