Subsurface Mobile: Adding mares USB (cp210x) support; how to proceed

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 09:04:59 PDT 2020

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 2:12 PM Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <
subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> > On Mar 7, 2020, at 8:46 AM, Stephen Goodall <
> stephen.goodall88 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Christof,
> > The Cressi worked 😁
> > The Suunto said there was an error (attached) - I've not used this on my
> phone before as it's my partner's computer so it's possible that I'm doing
> something wrong with it! It did read it and show the device ID so it must
> be talking to it.
>
> Can you please try again with the Suunto, and after you get the error,
> instead of taking a screen shot, please submit a support request from the
> app - this will copy the logs into your email program. You can send that
> email to the support address that auto-populates, or you can change the
> 'To' address and send it to the mailing list... but this will give us more
> detailed logs that might tell us what's going wrong.
>

> /D

I just tried the new beta installed from the Play Store today.  I was able
to successfully connect to a Suunto D4i using the official Suunto cable and
also an Aqua Lung i750TC using the new usb-serial setup. I was not able to
connect to my Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2.  The status only ever said
Connecting... and I gave up after a couple of minutes.  I sent the logs to
the support address but I don't think there's anything of interest in there.

Nice work!  One step closer to not needing a computer on dive trips anymore!