Accidental file delete on mobile.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 19 13:21:45 PST 2021

> On Jan 19, 2021, at 1:11 PM, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor <office at adaptcom.ro> wrote:
>
> i can work on ssrftest... but i will need a pass also.

Ha - that's in the sources... it's 'geheim' (the German word for secret... yeah, my sense of humor is legendary)

> logs I get right after app crashes from the documents folder in the internal phone storage. That is where I find the log for subsurface. And after I send it I delete it so it gets recreated with new info of new tests.

Actually, the app would recreate it anyway - but that's brilliant!

> Fot the builf part.... I think I can setup something. I work with nix* and compiling stuff for over 19 years now soo... android should not be very very difficult

If you have a Linux box that can run Docker, then it's super easy.  packaging/android/README  should explain it well, and if there are open questions, let's fix the documentation :-)

> I am surprised you cannot replicate. It's just adding a blank dive with no data, save and from list of dives screen delete from 3 dots or by long press.... One more thing i realize now: sometimes the delete option does not appear right away. I have to bring the menu second time up so I get the delete option.

Trust me - I have tried this at least 50 times on half a dozen devices. I must be missing this one obvious thing.
That's why I'm asking to see if you can reproduce it on an account that I also have access to.
Next thing will be to ask you for a screen recording so I can EXACTLY replicate what you do (because different screen sizes can trigger slightly different behaviors, etc)

> I even tried now after saving the dive, exit app, relaunch it and delete. Delete option is there at first time but still crashes the app. but the empty dive is gone ... so it deletes something... next empty dive created gets dive number as normal ... every time after delete the new empty dive has the same number
> Even cresting a second empty dive and deleting the first crashes the app... weird

And I absolutely cannot crash it. Not on Android 8, 10, 11, not on iOS.