Bug with dive planner UI?

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat May 8 13:23:43 PDT 2021

Hi,

> On 8. May 2021, at 19:37, Jay Anchor <jay.anchor-subsurface at e257.fi> wrote:
>
> In below "redraw triggered" means changing on  "Dive planner points" duration, open circuit to CCR, changing setpoint, etc., e.g. hitting tab and moving to next cell / item on UI:
>
> - Toggling "Verbatim dive plan" has no effect to dive plan until redraw is triggered
>
> - Toggling "Display plan variations" has no effect to dive plan until redraw is triggered
>
> - Changing gas (only singe gas is defined) has no effect to dive plan until redraw is triggered, e.g. following series of steps:
>   - Start planning deep dive (default gas is AIR)
>   - Dive plan for AIR is displayed
>   - Change gas to e.g. 10/70, on "Available gasses", this has NO EFFECT on dive plan
>   - Trigger redraw
>   - New plan is displayed with correct gas
>
> With old version, all above works so that all changes are reflected immediately on dive plan.  This last issue is quite bad IMHO, because it is displaying wrong information (e.g. no information is better than stale information, in my opinion).

I have a new PR that should improve this situation: https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface/pull/3245 but I am not sure this is the perfect fix as right now I cannot oversee if this potentially introduces too many recalculations of the plan.

Similar problems were a mess in the past and there was a hack to deal with them. But recently, Berthold called bluff on this hack and we have to figure out the best way to deal with this.

Best
Robert