interesting oddity in SAC rate display in profile infobox

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Thu Sep 9 10:25:43 PDT 2021

Anton,

> On 8. Sep 2021, at 23:56, Anton Lundin via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> This has bin like this ever since we started to gas computations based
> on non naive p-v-t calculations.
>
> We still extrapolate the sac rate based on the naive formula, and later
> use those extrapolated values to calculate a real sac, so due to
> compressibility we think we consume less gas in the beginning and more
> towards the end.
>

> A long time ago I took a stab at fixing this but it turned real messy
> and I just left it.

I agree. A quick check that lets the gas compressibility factor always return 1.0 makes the problem go away.

The problem is that the code that interpolates the pressures between staring and ending pressure by assuming a constant SAC is, how can I put it, an interesting project to understand….

Best
Robert