"creating commit failed" Error

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Aug 30 08:45:21 PDT 2022

> On Aug 30, 2022, at 8:32 AM, Moetaz wrote:
>
> Quick update …… as a last resort i uninstalled subsurface and deleted all related folders from the windows pc. Reinstalled it and used “ open cloud storage” - everything synced and seems to be working fine now.
>
> thanks again for your help

You beat me to it. My suggestion was going to be slightly less brutal - but your solution achieved what I was going to suggest as a side effect.

My guess is that your local cache of the git repo that represents the cloud storage somehow got corrupted, and I was going to suggest that you move that cache out of the way and try again.

I'm glad you are up and running again - and I will make some changes to the code to improve the logging of these errors.

Thanks for your patience