Wip: Qt based mainapplication.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 1 19:57:02 PDT 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 5:08 PM, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> People,
>
> I started coding the Qt main window in my personal repo ( github/tcanabrava/subsurface )

Which branch?

> I noted that there's just one file ( gtk-gui.c that became qt-gui.c ), I'm not a fan of huge files, and Qt needs to parse things on moc, so I created a folder named qt-ui, and put the following files there:

Yes, we are more than happy to move to smaller files. gtk-gui (now qt-gui) and divelist have gotten way too big.

> The left-side dock that holds the tab items.
> dockpane.h
> dockpane.cpp
>
> The bottom table and it's data-model:
> divetable.h
> divetable.cpp
> divetablemodel.h
> divetablemodel.cpp

Well, the divelist is actually in divelist.c already… that needs to be split into two except that the actual logic will almost certainly stay in C :-)

> The plotting widget:
> plotareascene.h
> plotareascene.cpp

That code is actually in profile.c

> And the mainwindow.
> mainwindow.h
> mainwindow.cpp

So mainwindow, dockpane, preferences and many of the other sub dialogs are in gtk-gui.c / qt-gui.cpp and need to be separated in a more rational manner.

> I'm gonna need a bit of help to put them in the Makefile, it's a bit of wizzardry to me, used to CMake, specially because of the ui files.

Thiago, Alberto - this is where I am still looking at you guys to help us get this right. I'm not yet comfortable for how all of this hooks together.

> The main application already resembles the main application on GTK Subsurface, with *all* of the functionality not working, but it's already a starting point.

:-)