SubSurface development

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:33:36 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, just changing the prefix setting in the MakeFile caused a
> problem so make would not work.  Somehow it ended up adding some space to
> the interior of a path.
>
> As you suggested, I can just run the development version out of the
> development directory.  Unfortunately, that ends up storing or looking for
> some files in the same place for both versions.  There really needs to be a
> cleaner way to run both on the same machine independently of each other
> without actually using a virtual machine.

I have not noticed anything wrong when running gtk and qt versions from the
respective source/build directories. System wide installation causes some
trouble as at least XSLT files installed system wide take preference over
the ones in source directory. However, without system wide installation
this is not a problem as I run both gtk and qt versions from the source
directories nowadays. (My testing with the qt version is very limited so I
might have not noticed some problems.)

miika