4.0 about to be announced... Re: 4.0 release on hold...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Dec 15 14:51:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 00:37 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 16 December 2013 00:20, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2013-12-15 at 13:53 -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >> The Windows binaries can't create an SSL connection to divelogs.de
> >>
> >> I know we had a similar problem in the Gtk binaries with missing shared
> >> libraries. Same seems to bite us here.
> >
> > OK, I simply ripped out the https for Windows.
> > Not a great solution, but I really don't want a non-working 4.0 binary
> > on the web site...
> >

> On 5 December 2013 18:45, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > a couple of notes:
> > - the following files from openssl are needed on win32:
> > libeay32.dll
> > libssl32.dll
> > ssleay32.dll
>
> all i can say is to repeat myself from from 10 days ago... :)

Yes. And ten days ago I couldn't find these files, nor can I today.
The eay files seem a complete red herring. That's for the EAY
implementation of SSL, not OpenSSL. But even with libssl-10.dll
installed it still fails.

Maybe it's a small thing - wrong folder, whatever.

I just ran out of time.

> no idea if easy to maintain on linux tho, what i did on windows is to
> simply download a zip that provided the dlls prebuild from the openssl
> website.
>
> also not sure why Qt depends on that, but i simply found the solution
> on a forum, where someone had the same issue.

I may be a cynic... but downloading random zip files with dlls and then
bundling them into something that people can download from our site... I
don't feel comfortable with this. That's one of the reasons I cross
build under Linux - smaller likelihood of inadvertently redistributing
malware...