Merging data from two DC broken?

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:48:15 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> writes:
>
>> Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> here are a couple of notes I did during doing a bit of testing with
>>> the current development version of Subsurface:
>>>
>>> - Data from two dive computers are not merged (used on same dives), I
>>> have no idea what has changed since this used to work. I tested this
>>> with closing the divelog and starting a new one.
>>> - It used to be - if I downloaded Stinger first (with no air
>>> integration) and Vyper Air then, the air data from the second DC was
>>> not used/shown. I just cannot verify this anymore as dives from my two
>>> DCs are not automatically merged currently. (This was the case about a
>>> month ago)
>>
>> Is this with doing an actual download or are you importing XML files?
>
> The reason I'm asking... we changed the merging a while ago so that it
> does NOT try to merge dives if they are BOTH in a trip. So if you have
> one file with a trip and then download (that dive has no trip) things
> work. But if you saved them separately and both have trips, then this no
> longer merges (this is intentional so you can actually load XML files
> from two different people and the result is still somewhat useful).

Directly from DCs. Didn't do any trip generation..just pure download
from both computers. I did save the first download to an XML before
downloading the next and it seems that when I open the XML from only
the first DC, it does actually have all the dives in a trip. I wonder
if this is due to:
        <entry name="autogroup" mtime="1357662577" type="bool" value="true"/>

Is this setting still used or not?

miika