Sunday Patches.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Jun 18 05:00:25 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Linus Torvalds
> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> This fixes a few annoyances that Linus described - Not all of them, but this
>> should make the app way more usable for editing Cylinders and Weigths.
>
> Sad to report that it doesn't really make much of a difference.
>
> The Qt combo boxes just aren't reliable for any actual values, they
> seem to work for strings and _occasionally_ numbers.

Yes - that's true, I didn't worked the code to fix the bad behaviors,
but the visual glitches.
I'm gonna tackle the bugs that you describe in this e-mail and work them today.

> Try entering just an O2 percentage, for example. I entered 30% (to fix
> up the Qt branch somehow screwing things up and making it 429496729.5%
> - it's obviously a ~0u permille).
>
> It didn't end up 30% - it ended up as 29.5% when saved to the XML file.
>
> And the whole "you select an AL80, and it ends up having the _string_
> "AL80", but the wrong size" also still happens.
>
> An AL80 _should_ have a size of 11.094 liters (which is 80 cubic feet
> of gas at 3000psi, and that's what I get on the gtk branch). But when
> entering that in the Qt branch, I get "11.216 l" instead.
>
> And when I enter 30%, I expect to get 30%. Not 29.5.
>
> I don't understand how even simple directly entered numbers get
> corrupted for me.
>
> But it seems to do "10 lbs" correctly, and turns that into 4.536 kg.
> So *some* values certainly get correctly handled. I wonder why that
> is..

most probably I f*cked up something, gonna take a deep breath and
re-read the gtk code to see what I messed up. :)

hope everything will be fixed today.