Sunday Patches.

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jun 19 14:58:22 PDT 2013

On Jun 19, 2013 11:21 AM, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > And the whole "you select an AL80, and it ends up having the _string_
> > "AL80", but the wrong size" also still happens.
> >
> > An AL80 _should_ have a size of 11.094 liters (which is 80 cubic feet
> > of gas at 3000psi, and that's what I get on the gtk branch). But when
> > entering that in the Qt branch, I get "11.216 l" instead.
>
> That's because I foolishly used wet_volume which uses our new fancy
> adjusted volume calculation. So this is likely "more correct" but even
> more likely "simply wrong" because the names aren't based on that
> calculation but on plain multiplication instead.

Hmmm. I wonder what we should do. Probably check some cylinder manufacturer
specs. I suspect different cylinders end up being subtly different, and
"AL80” might not end up being that exact. Although I do have some memory of
looking up the XS Scuba tech specs, and their AL80 was 11.1 liter wet size.
But maybe my memory is just bogus.

     Linus