Companion app released on Play Store

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Mar 1 13:43:01 PST 2013

On 01.03.2013 22:13, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:
>
>> On 01.03.2013 20:09, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> Quick question: who here has an Android device with GPS capability and
>>> would be willing to try this out over the weekend?
>>>
>>> The idea would be to simulate the typical user
>>>
>>> - account creation / setup
>> Just did a test on 4.2.2 on a device where the app has never been
>> installed before. I've been a little bit confused what Retrieve Account
>> means different from Create Account and got several errors using
>> Retrieve in the understandig it will create me an new account. Creating
>> afterwards did work but then I again saw these errors not relly knowing
>> what I'm doing in there...
>>
>> I agree with Dirk that the error could be a little bit more verbose.
> :-)
>
> BTW: we have one report that creating a dive manually on the website
> api.hohndel.org (watch out for the ISO date format YYYY-mm-dd) makes the
> app work... this clearly isn't fixing the actual problem but might help
> people to be able to do more testing...
>
>> Is it possible/planed to add photos as well?
> Uploading photos to my server? Why?

Because its free?
No, I was hoping to be able to take some photos with my shiny smartphone
and get them associated with the dive. Alternative would be in
subsurface to scan all pics in a specified folder for EXIF data pointing
out the same date, time and - if available also - GPS data. I'd agree to
postpone this after 3.0.2...

But back to the website: Is there a reason the OSM map is sooo limited
in size? Havin a fullscreen / popup available might be an option as well.

>> Will try todo some more testing, actually the next real wet dive is not
>> that far away...
> Lucky you.

Water is below 5C now even at surface, diving longer than 90min is
really manful. This is the time of the year where I always think about
to buy a heating or do diving holidays...

//Jan