binaries for testing

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed May 8 11:45:32 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 8 de maio de 2013 11.06.25, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads/outbox/subsurface-3.0.2-122-g1f8ac19
> 718b8.exe
> http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads/outbox/Subsurface-3.0.2-122-g1f8ac1
> 9718b8.dmg

Windows installed fine, translation to pt_BR looks mostly fine, but there are
some words and spellings from pt_PT mixed in, including one of the menu items.

Same with Mac: it launched fine from the disk image. Unlike on Windows, it
started in English for me. I don't know what made it choose pt_BR on Windows.

I also built 3.0.2-122-g1f8ac19718b8 on Linux. It launched fine and worked just
as on the other two.

The UI does not look nice in my opinion on Mac and Windows, but here's to
hoping that the Qt port will make it look more native on Windows. On Linux, it
integrates quite well with my native look and feel, except for the ugly Gtk
file dialogs.

Since I have no dives or dive computer, there's not much I can do of testing.
Is there a sample file I could load to test?

I tried the "Dive Locations" menu, but it always shows blank, on all three
OSes. I navigated manually to 122°W 45°N but it was still blank. I tried this
behind the Intel firewall.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358