wishlist

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:01:00 PDT 2013

Hi:

On 2013-05-21 17:37, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> We have the tissue data. My first worry is always "how do we visualize
> this without it turning into a mess". There are so many programs out
> there that try to do too much at the same time and become unusable.
> While I don't want to go all Apple on the users ("YOU ONLY WANT TO DO
> THIS AND YOU ONLY WANT TO DO IT THIS WAY") I don't want to go to the
> other extreme, either. Subsurface needs to stay easy to use for
> beginners.
We could have a new menu for dive analysis, a bit like what we have with
the dive plan. It could have a window with the dive profile analysis or
a table with the same data. I'll see if I can illustrate my views in a
graphical way...

> Last time I checked (a couple of days ago) only one or two pages were
> translated to Brazilian Portuguese... I was wondering if you wanted to
> add to that effory... honestly I don't know how far apart European
> Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese are...

Although Tomaz disagrees with me, both are quite similar ;-)
The major differences are on the accent (which doesn't apply to the
written form). We also don't have two english or spanish versions of the
website, do we?
If there are more Portuguese speaking users of Subsurface (and on the
mailing list) I'd be very happy to read their views on this subject.
But of course, I have no problem translating the website.
I just need to know what is the best way to do it? Just save all the
pages, translate them and send you the translated pages? Or is there any
kind of tool to make it easier?

Cheers:

Pedro