qmake-based buildsystem

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Oct 8 08:13:47 UTC 2013

On terça-feira, 8 de outubro de 2013 12:04:02, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> compiles fine for me on linux. i basically tried doing the same thing
> last night and qmake pretty much _just worked_ with a few additions.
>
> and now i can try helping the build on native windows. first have to
> install Qt 4.x and hopefully the marble people provide mingw libraries
> files and headers for their marblewidget.dll that i saw in their
> windows desktop package. if not, perhaps someone could zip them up for
> me from the cross build packages...

I tried building and cmake started generating a Makefile for Microsoft Visual
Studio 2012, even though cl.exe was nowhere to be found on $PATH. So I told it
to generate a MinGW Makefile and it told me "nah-ah, you have sh.exe on $PATH,
so you want MSYS Makefile instead". But it didn't work for that, nor did the
MinGW Makefile work when I opened cmd.exe.

It was a lot easier to cross-compile from Linux.

I can send you the DLL pair. I *think* the MinGW that Qt 4.8 comes with is
compatible with the one that Fedora uses. I know for a fact that the next one
for Qt 5.2 will not be, due to a binary incompatible change on the exception
model.

> BTW is true that Qt6 will no longer use qmake?
> i read this in a qmake bug report page.

About one year ago, there was a discussion of switching buildsystems. A few
other people and I put a stop on it before the 5.0 launch. We definitely did
not need the earth moving under our feet. But now that we're working on 5.2,
it seems no one is interested in changing buildsystems.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358