add dive - broken WIP for Tomaz

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 19 06:13:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 08:02 -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> The current widgets can work quite happly if you do:
>

> 1 - "Add Dive" on the planner
>
> 2 - by clicking on 'ok', dive goes to the Dive List and get's
> selected, by clicking cancel, cancels it.
>
> 3 - When new dive's selected, user can edit the fields on the
> 'MainTab' class ( terrible class name, I'll split those to have more
> meaningful names. )
>
> 4 - If user wants to remove the newly added dive, right click on it,
> remove.

I simply don't think that's a very nice workflow. This means people MUST
first edit the profile of the dive, and THEN they can add location,
buddy, notes, etc. But once they started editing those, they cannot
easily go back and edit the profile (i.e., depth and duration).
Also, when editing the profile they see entry fields like "GFlow",
"GFhigh", "last stop at 6m" - none of which make any sense when simply
adding a dive that they don't have a computer to download from.