test binaries for Beta 5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 4 21:53:25 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 09:02:25PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2014, at 8:54 PM, Richard DePas <richard.depas at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Can someone also test the divelogs.de upload/download on Windows?
> >
> > miika
> >
> > Import looks like it is working but I still get the immediate "Can not create temporary file. Access is denied." error when trying to Export.
>
> So I bet we are trying to create the temp file in a directory that we can’t write to :-(
> But the code looks like this:
>
>         QString filename = QDir::tempPath() + "/import-" + QString::number(qrand() % 99999999) + ".dld";
>         if (prepare_dives_for_divelogs(filename, selected)) {
>
> and AFAIK the ‘/‘ shouldn’t bother us here…
>
> I’ll have to play around with this and see where and why this fails (I’m on my Mac right now, no Windows VM anywhere near by)

OK, found a Windows VM :-)

We are trying to open the encoded filename of
C:\Users\<mylogin>\AppData\Local\Temp\import-23432.dld
And that works fine.
What frigging fails is tmpfile()
Windows is such a pile of shit. It's own function to create a temp file
fails. Looking at StackOverflow it appears that at least Win7-64 is trying
to create its temp files in C:\ - seriously.
What a joke.