leftover after clean

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 21 10:58:49 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 04:43:57PM +0200, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> In data giovedì 21 agosto 2014 05:45:20, Dirk Hohndel ha scritto:
> > The reason I'm resisting adding Makefile to the files a make clean removed
> > is this:
> >
> > I frequently do a make clean && make to make sure everything is rebuilt.
> > And I'm pretty sure that most reasonable people would expect this to work
> > without having to run qmake in the middle.
>
> Fair enough. But I was thinking. If ssrf-version.h is sometimes created by
> qmake, in that case the workflow of "make clean && make" without qmake
> wouldn't work anyway.
>
> But I see your point so I think it should rather be always created by make
> rather than always removing Makefile

I'm a bit puzzled by qmake creating ssrf-version.h myself. In a way it
makes sense if you are not using git (because the values in there won't
change, normally), but still... make should create that.

Then again, qmake files are best approached with great caution and a vodoo
doll within reach...

Maybe if I'm bored I'll look into why exactly we aren't creating this at
"make" time... in the meantime, is what we have now enough for you? Can
you fix the missing parts in a distro patch?