translations -- or how the times are changing

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Mon Dec 1 14:43:40 PST 2014

On 11/13/2014 11:56 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> But traditionally and for many releases in a row, the languages that were
> the first to be fully translated and had the most complete translations
> were always German (I do horrible translations for that - and oh btw, I
> need help with some of the terms... what the heck is "compass gain" in
> German... Kompass Gewinn???)

Hmmm... never heard the term "compass gain" before, a search seems
to bring up but one relevant hit:
http://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/read.php?6,12967
It seems that "gain" is meant here in the sense of "amplification factor
to adjust the compass input sensitivity", and at another point in this Forum
http://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/read.php?6,13224
the term is called "Kompassempfindlichkeit", which would fit plausibly,
so I'd use that.

> I'll admit that I'm shocked...

I admit that I've not been investing much time lately thinking about
Subsurface... simply for the (positivie!) reason that Subsurface has long
surpassed the limit where I regard it as mature, feature complete software
for all use cases I'm involved in... :-)

Right now I need to prepare for my upcoming (dive-)trip, and that's
why I had a look at recent Subsurface news.

If there are more German translations missing, I'll try to help next
week, when I have some free time in between dives :-)

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg