Any CCR divers on this list?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 19 07:16:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 14:05 +0000, Paul Sargent wrote:
>         We have had several requests for enhanced capabilities for CCR diving.
>         I have added this as one of the proposals for the Google Summer of Code
>         application, but we really need at least some internal support from a
>         CCR diver to make sure this all makes sense. Ideally the CCR diver would
>         be willing to mentor the student, but I'm also willing to do the
>         mentoring myself as long as I know we have a CCR diver around who can
>         help on some of the questions that I'm sure will come up...
>
>         /D
>

> Hi Dirk,
>

> Just seen your email to the subsurface list looking for CCR divers.
> I'm not a subscriber to the list, but I do follow subsurface
> development when I have time (we've chatted over a bug in the past).
> I'm currently around the 50-60 hours mark on my CCR, currently dive
> just air, but looking to do trimix this year.
>
> I'm happy to help out if I can. My time is limited on the coding side,
> and that's why I've not subscribed to the list, but I'm happy to
> answer questions on CCR diving. I have several CCR buddies as well, so
> can always ask around them for opinions, etc...

That's very helpful. It might still be easier if you were on the mailing
list as people are likely to forget to copy you when asking CCR
questions, but I'll try to keep you in mind if you'd rather not have all
the other email fill your inbox.

Either way, I have added you to the 'accept' filter of the mailing list,
so your mails will no longer be held for moderation when you send them.