Fix imperial cylinder sizes in equipment tab

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Fri Jan 3 11:42:30 UTC 2014

On sexta-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2014 09:19:09, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> C++11 certainly has some improvements. This is likely the only one
> that we'd notice, though. The rest are for things I don't think we'd
> care about in subsurface (template improvements, threading memory
> models etc).

There are a couple of other ones! I'd say the most welcome one is the auto
keyword, allowing us to replace
        QSortFilterProxyModel *model = new QSortFilterProxyModel(this);
with:
	auto model = new QSortFilterProxyModel(this);

Or
        static SubsurfaceAbout *self = new SubsurfaceAbout(mainWindow());
with:
	static auto self = new SubsurfaceAbout(mainWindow());

Ranged fors would also be neat, but we're using Qt's foreach already so no big
benefit there.

> PS Pet peeve fix: they finally fixed NULL, although most compilers had
> long done that. But Christ, it took them a *loong* time, that was one
> of my earliest "C++ designers are f*cking idiots" moments. There was
> possibly a lot of ego involved, where nobody wanted to admit just how
> *FUCKING* *STUPID* they had been about NULL earlier. There are no
> words sufficient to state the idiocy of NULL in C++ before. Not even
> in Finnish. The fact that C++ people tried to make *excuses* for the
> stupidity for _years_ is just sickening.

Yes, we've got nullptr now! And we also have std::nullptr_t, a type that can
only be assigned the null pointer :-)

But if you want to talk about C++ mistakes, my pet peeve is the >> in
templates. But if you haven't been writing template code, you probably haven't
seen it.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358