Editable lists - 2

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jan 27 06:23:01 UTC 2014

1) Looks like you have built some sophisticated stuff in there. Have
seldom come across this sort of facility in other software. There is an
innumerable number of cylinder volumes and sizes. Just look at the Faber
catalogue alone. If Subsurface comes out of the box with a minimal list
of cylinders used by 70% of the recreational (and technical???) diving
fraternity, no one can ask more. If one uses a a different cylinder one
just needs to add it to the existing dropdown list. As far as the
details in the dropdown list is concerned, it would actually be very
user friendly if the material and capacity of a cylinder is given as
well. e.g. AL80 Alum 10.9l 210bar. Of course this creates problems of
units with the primitive world that still uses imperial units (80 cu ft,
3000psi) but it would really make the dropdown list very informative.
But this is a personal opinion that may not be shared by others.

2) I am redoing all the images in the V4.02 manual using Gnome. However,
I am not doing this yet for the dive profile sections, waiting for that
software to become a bit more finalised.

Kind regards,
Willemf