Trying to use Subsurface

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Jun 30 05:48:13 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-30 08:39, Glenn Drew wrote:
> Hi Jef. I am having problems again getting data off my dive computer
> and
> into Subsurface. I try this on an infrequent basis and wonder if I am
> forgetting something but my reading of the manual makes me think it may
> be
> something else.
>
> I have attempted 5 downloads and each time the progress bar indicates a
> download has occurred but nothing shows in the dive list - either when
> import to an existing log file (adding more dives) or if I try to
> download
> the entire dive computer to a new file. I have tried all the options in
> the
> dialogue box but without success.
> Also I have tried to download the latest version 4.1 but it keeps
> showing
> as an incomplete and/or corrupt file (size 38,018KB) and will not
> execute!

Have you already tried the "Force download of all dives" option?

Can you also try once more with the libdivecomputer log and memory dump
options enabled? And then send me those two files. Note that with the
memory dump option enabled no dives will be downloaded. That's normal.
This will download all data from your dive computer, so that I can have
a look at it.

Jef