GSoC Discussion | exporting HTML files.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 14 15:38:33 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 16:03 +0200, Gehad Elrobey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Gehad elrobey a junior software engineering student and i am very
> interested in the gsoc project of Exporting HTML files of the dive
> list.
>
> Now i am in the final phase in writing my proposal and I have got few
> questions and i like to discuss them with the community.
>
> 1- how do the 'profile' is supposed to look when exported ?
> a static image, javascript drawing by a 3rd party library or
> something like svg images for example or html5 canvas which i think is
> the best choice.

I was assuming an HTML5 canvas - but I guess I could be convinced of a
better solution if there is a strong proposal.

> 2- do you need the exported file to work on internet explorer for
> example ?

My understanding is that current ie is reasonably standards compliant. I
certainly wouldn't expect it to work in ie6 or something outdated like
this. ie11 appears to support canvas just fine.

> 3- i know the html5 file needed is supposed to be dynamic, this mean
> that user can choose between dives easily and view different type of
> information ? is something like enabling/disabling the O2, N2, He
> graphs important ?

The ideas page is just that - a list of ideas. We'll look at proposals
that convince us that they are realistic and that fulfill the
requirements that we have set out. Whether or not something like the
partial pressure graphs is implemented isn't really key to the decision
making.